HOME / PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS
This course provides hands on training for four key tools that project managers use in their everyday job. MS – Project for detailed project planning, Clarity for people and time management, JIRA for Agile management.
You should consider this course if...
You want to differentiate yourself from a regular PM and be an expert in your profession with hands on knowledge of key tools
Are there any course prerequisites?
There are no pre-requisites but familiarity with project management concepts is helpful
PM tools (VISIO, Jira, Axure, req pro and iGrafx) e-learning free as a bonus if you purchase the instructor lead version of this course
Self paced learning ?
Share this course with your friends and colleagues
Defining a Project
– Create a New Project Plan
– Define a Project
– Assign a Project Calendar
Creating and Organizing Tasks
– Add Tasks to a Project Plan
– Import Tasks From Other Programs
– Create a Work Breakdown Structure
– Define Task Relationships
– Schedule Tasks
– Manual vs auto schedule
Managing Project Plan Resources
– Add Resources to a Project Plan
– Create a Resource Calendar
– Enter Costs for Resources
– Assign Resources to Tasks
– Resolve Resource Conflicts
Finalizing a Project Plan
– Optimize a Project Plan
– Set a Baseline
– Share a Project Plan
Executing a Project
– Enter Task Progress
– Update Work
– Update Costs
Monitoring Project Progress
– View Project Progress
– Add Custom Fields
– Create Custom Views
– Create a Network Diagram
– Analyze a Project Plan
Controlling a Project Plan
– Edit the Task List
– Reschedule Tasks
– Update a Baseline
Reporting on Progress
– Format and Share a Chart View
– View Existing Reports
– Create Custom Reports
– Create a Visual Report
Customizing the Application
– Change Project Options
– Create a Project Plan Template
– Share Resources
– Link Project Plans
JIRA and Scrum
– Describe the Scrum software development process and how it’s implemented in JIRA Software
– Creating an Agile Board
– Create an Agile Scrum board and perform general configuration of the board.
– Managing the Backlog
– Groom the backlog and plan the sprint.
– Prioritize issues and group them into epics and versions.
– Estimate stories and create a sprint backlog.
– Active Sprints
– Configure the board to add columns, swimlanes, and quick filters.
– Map statuses to columns, transition stories across the board to “Done”.
– Identify and use appropriately the 3 most common reports for Scrum development.
JIRA reporting essentials
– Identify and describe the purpose of the most commonly used reports in JIRA and JIRA Agile
– Create a dashboard, populate it with gadgets and configure the gadgets
– Read and interpret JIRA and JIRA Agile reports
– Create and use a wallboard
– Create a dashboard that tracks multiple projects
Working with Ideas
– Overview of Idea Features in CA Clarity
– Creating an Idea
– Updating an Idea
– Approving Ideas
– Creating and Managing Portfolios
– Create project
– Add resources to project
– Enter cost plans for project
– Enter project details
– Enter project plan
Adding, Updating and Removing Projects
– Remove a Project
– Add Roles to the Portfolio
– Department Portfolios
– Grouping Portfolios
– Portfolio Valuation and Analysis
– Portfolio Management Scorecard
– Portfolio Management
– Understanding Scenarios
– Building Scenarios
– Working with Portfolio Scenarios
Working with Reports
– Access Clarity Reports
– Navigate the Submitted Report
– Review of Project Reports
Kuebiko is fantastic! We have a lot of business analyst and project managers in our company and have used Kuebiko to train them in useful tools like VISIO, Axure, iGrafx, Project and JIRA. They have never disappointed as our strategic corporate training partners. My investment in Kuebiko for employees has already paid for itself in increased employee productivity.
Amish Gandhi – Founder and head at Perpetual
As a PM I do a lot of resource management but it was mostly on spreadsheets. I always wanted to learn how to scale up using MS project and Clarity. This course was the perfect deal.
Yong Huimin – Project Manager
I got this free with the awesome I.T project management course that I had taken. I’m totally delighted with the useful stuff I learnt, all of which I can directly use on my job right away.
Nitin Das – Program Manager
$6.99 for Kindle
$9.99 for Paperback on Amazon
Enter your email and hit the button. We promise you it will be worth it. These powerful slides are a great time saver for any business analyst, project manager or management professional
Your information will “never” be shared or sold to a 3rd party